• Offer young children a welcoming, stimulating, safe environment to support their
• Support children’s learning by providing opportunities and experiences for them
to explore, be active, be creative critical thinkers both indoors and outside
• Foster and maintain good relationships with parents and carers
• Help to prepare and ease the transition of children to the final part of the Early
Years Foundation stage at Infant School
• Be aware of and take account of any cultural, physical or special educational needs
the children may have - please seelocal offerbelow
• Offer equal opportunities for every child by following each child’s unique needs
• Help young children to communicate confidently with adults and their peers
• Encourage children to progress towards the Early Learning Goals as part of the
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Above all to provide a caring environment where children are encouraged to experiment,
investigate, take risks, make mistakes and have fun!
Aims and Objectives
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer sets out what is available for your child in your area if they have
special educational needs and or a disability.
The offer includes provision from birth - 25 years across education, health and social
care and has been developed in conjunction with children and young people, parents,
carers and social services.
At Penguins nurseries we work closely with parents/carers to ensure you and your
children are at the centre of any decisions that have to be made. It is widely recognised
that early identification which leads to effective and relevant support, can impact
positively on children’s future outcomes.
More information can be found:-
• in the entrance area at the setting
• on the Wirral Local Authority website
• search for ‘SEND Code of Practice’ on the internet
SEND Code of Practice June 2014 Last updated: 1 May 2015